Today we will know about how to prepare Engineering mathematics for Gate Aerospace 2023/24
Engineering mathematics is one of the most important subjects for Gate Aerospace exam it carries about 12% to 15% of the total marks
Most of the students who prepare for gate exam neglect mathematics subject or give less time to prepare mathematics subject but if you ask any topper, they say that they give more importance to it because it is a rank decider. If you observe previous year papers every year 13-15 marks questions come from mathematics some students feel mathematics as easy and don’t give sufficient time to it and some leave it thinking it as a difficult subject. According to us based on our experience we suggest every aspirant to prepare Engineering mathematics first because it not only helps student to get full marks in mathematics but also understand technical subjects well.
Mathematics Syllabus for GATE Aerospace
Linear Algebra: Vector algebra, Matrix algebra, systems of linear equations, rank of a matrix, eigenvalues and eigenvectors.
Calculus: Functions of single variable, limits, continuity and differentiability, mean value theorem, chain rule, partial derivatives, maxima and minima, gradient, divergence and curl, directional derivatives. Integration, Line, surface and volume integrals. Theorems of Stokes, Gauss and Green.
Differential Equations: First order linear and nonlinear differential equations, higher order linear ODEs with constant coefficients. Partial differential equations and separation of variables methods.
Fourier Series, Laplace Transforms, Numerical methods for linear and nonlinear algebraic equations, Numerical integration and differentiation. Complex analysis. Probability and statistics.
Important topics and sub topics – Analyzing Engineering mathematics for Gate Aerospace
For Gate aerospace Important topics in Engineering mathematics are Vector Calculus, Higher order differential equations, Linear Algebra, Laplace transforms
Vector algebra, systems of linear equations, rank of a matrix, eigenvalues and eigenvectors, mean value theorem, chain rule, partial derivatives, maxima and minima, gradient, divergence and curl, directional derivatives, Theorems of Stokes, Gauss and Green, Laplace Transforms, Numerical integration and differentiation, higher order linear Odes, Partial differential equations.
Strategies for preparing Engineering Mathematics for Gate Aerospace
After knowing about important topics and sub topics the aspirants must have a proper plan to be able to cover the entire syllabus thoroughly. Here are some strategies that help you through your preparation.
1. You can refer standard textbooks to cover syllabus we would recommend Higher Engineering Mathematics by B.S.Grewal and Advanced Engineering Mathematics by H.K.Dass or you can just refer Gate Aerospace Academy Mathematics book specially designed for gate aerospace engineering mathematics syllabus where after concepts you will find previous year solved gate mathematics questions this makes this book a complete guide for preparation (both concepts and problems ).
2. Mugging up just formulas won’t help you in preparation instead it wastes your time, firstly focus on basics, then concepts, then application of concepts on problems will help you to build sound knowledge about the subject.
3. Practice all branches previous year questions after each topic that you cover.
4. Make short notes for concepts and formulas this will help you to revise easily.
5. Revision is key do proper revision.
6. Take mock tests to analyze yourself, Gate aerospace academy provides Topic wise, subject wise, Multiple subject tests, and Grand tests.
- • Know important topics and sub topics.
- • Do proper planning to cover each and every topic.
- • Prepare schedule to complete it on time.
- • Practice lots of previous year and standard book questions.
- • Give Mock Tests to get rid of exam fear and managing the time
- • Find weak and strong areas to work accordingly
- • Have discussion with your faculty about your progress
- • Do regular Revision, Revision is key
Don’t take too much stress in preparation by just thinking about it, just plan everything and execute it, start slow complete each and every topic in detail then go for next topics. This will give you confidence and allow you to move forward. We hope that this article was helpful to start your preparation.
Gate Aerospace Academy wish you all the best for your Gate Aerospace Exam